Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Ryan's Room

The scoreboard is up, and I wanted to give you a picture of how it looks in Ryan's room. It's not as big as the one I used for inspiration found here, but I wanted to pair it with these other pieces I had already made. Here is how I made the scoreboard.




While I'm excited about how Ryan's room is coming together, there are still several projects I want to finish before I'll be totally satisfied. It's been a lot of fun, but unfortunately I didn't document my work up to this point so I don't have any "before" or "in progress" photos. I made his bed, bedspread, and refinished his nightstand all prior to our move to Minnesota and before I decided to start this blog. Either way, I'll try to put together individual posts for each of the projects. 




Update: I have since added a few items to his room:

Here is the redo of Ryan's tall dresser:



Foot board bench with tutorial found here.



Baseball thread mats tutorial found here.



DIY roman shade found here:




Toy Shelf tutorial found here.

7 comments:

  1. you really are so talented!!! when you said you made his bedspread i was in shock! i need to learn how to sew. i could have things look exactly the way i want them too if i would just get started. my mom bought me a sewing machine 1 1/2 ago and it's still in the box. i'm a total loser. too bad we don't live closer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jill, you are waaay to hard on yourself. First, you just had a baby. Second, are you kidding me?? You've done so many beautiful things to your home!! It would be fun if we lived closer though...

      Delete
  2. Very impressive bed, bedspread, and wall art. It all looks wonderful together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi, can I use one of your photos here for a post I'm working on about childrens rooms? I will link back to your blog of course! Beautiful blog you have here, by the way - I'm Linky following you now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Of course you can use a photo. Thanks for asking. I'll be sure to check out your blog! :)

      Delete
    2. I have my post up on children's rooms today and used your photo of Ryans room - many thanks!

      Delete